This is a visa which allows a parent or step-parent to sponsor a child to live permanently in Australia with the family.
Who is eligible:
- A person outside Australia who is a dependent child or step-child of an Australian citizen, settled permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Must be single
- Below 18 years old and have evidence that the sponsorship is in the best interest of the child.
- Between 18 to 25 years of age must be a full-time student and a dependent of the sponsoring parent.
- 18 or above and unable to work due to disability and dependant of the sponsoring parent.
- The child can include their own dependent child in the same visa application.
The parent can apply on behalf of the child below 18 years old.
- Must be above 18 years of age
- Must be a parent or step parent of the child
- A step parent who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent but has custody to care for the child who is younger than 18 years of age
- An adoptive parent of the child
- Must be either an Australian citizen, a settled permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Do not need to be in Australia at the time of application
- Assurance of Support (AoS) may be required
What the child can do:
- Live in Australia permanently.
- Work and study in Australia.
- Apply for Australian citizenship when eligible.
- Register with Medicare (the Australian healthcare system)
- Travel in and outside Australia for five years
What the sponsor must do:
- Provide accommodation, financial support and basic living expenses for the child’s first two years in Australia
- Ensure the child settle down in Australia
- Provide means for the child to attend any required English language class to blend into the Australian society and education system
Contact Us Today