This is a visa which allows a parent or step-parent to sponsor a child to live permanently in Australia with the family.


Who is eligible:

  • A person outside Australia who is a dependent child or step-child of an Australian citizen, settled permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • Must be single
  • Below 18 years old and have evidence that the sponsorship is in the best interest of the child.
  • Between 18 to 25 years of age must be a full-time student and a dependent of the sponsoring parent.
  • 18 or above and unable to work due to disability and dependant of the sponsoring parent.
  • The child can include their own dependent child in the same visa application.


​The parent can apply on behalf of the child below 18 years old.


The sponsor:

  • Must be above 18 years of age
  • Must be a parent or step parent of the child
  • A step parent who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent but has custody to care for the child who is younger than 18 years of age
  • An adoptive parent of the child
  • Must be either an Australian citizen, a settled permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • Do not need to be in Australia at the time of application
  • Assurance of Support (AoS) may be required



What the child can do:

  • Live in Australia permanently.
  • Work and study in Australia.
  • Apply for Australian citizenship when eligible.
  • Register with Medicare (the Australian healthcare system)
  • Travel in and outside Australia for five years


What the sponsor must do:

  • Provide accommodation, financial support and basic living expenses for the child’s first two years in Australia
  • Ensure the child settle down in Australia
  • Provide means for the child to attend any required English language class to blend into the Australian society and education system


Contact Us Today