Any Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens may be eligible to sponsor their family members into Australia. The Australia government recognizes the need for family and dependent relatives to live together. The family migration scheme in Australia permits eligible persons to sponsor their parents, dependent children or relatives to join them in Australia on a temporary or permanent basis.


In most cases, a sponsor must demonstrate financial capability to support the family member for up to two years after their arrival in Australia. In some instances, the sponsor may be required to provide the Assurance of Support (AoS) which includes the payment of a financial bond up to ten years.


Contact Us Today

Aged dependent relatives applies to single (including widowed and divorced) older relatives (above 60 for women and 65 for men) who is a dependent of an eligible Australian citizen permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen to live permanently in Australia. There is high demand for family migration visas and only a limited number of places are available. Applications for this visa are subject to capping and queuing arrangements and in accordance with any relevant Ministerial Directions. This means your application is considered in two stages.

If you are in Australia during the application of this visa (onshore application), you could be eligible for a Bridging visa that allows you to stay in the country lawfully while your application is processed. If you are given a Bridging visa A, you can apply for a Bridging visa B to travel outside Australia while you wait for a decision.

This visa requires a family sponsorship and Assurance of Support to apply. The law about proving the dependency of the relative to the sponsor is complex. Please contact us to find out the details to make a valid application.

Remaining relative applies to a person who has no close family ties outside Australia and is a brother, sister, a child or step-child to an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. If you have a spouse, all the remaining relatives of your spouse must be settled in Australia.

Providing evidence of where all your relatives live or the contact with other relatives can be a very tedious and complex process. Contact us today and let our migration experts guide you through a seamless application.

Carer relative applies to certain who is capable of providing assistance and support to you when you have a permanent or long-term need because of a medical condition. There need to be evidence that the assistance by the carer cannot be met by other family members or the community in Australia and the assistance is required for at least two years. The law about this application and evidence required can be complicated.  Please contact us for professional migration advice to ensure you have all the relevant supporting documents for the application of this visa type.

Parent visa is applicable to parents who wish to migrate to Australia to be their children. The application must be sponsored by one of their children and the child must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident who is settled in Australia.

Among the Family Stream visas, parent visa application is given the lowest processing priority as compared than other family members namely partners and children visas. This is also known as “the long wait” visa. Based on current processing time, an application for parent visa has a waiting time of approximately 30 years before a visa grant consideration is made. Applications are placed in a queue for visa grant after all the legal requirements are met.

Parent visa is applicable to a parent who has at least half the applicant’s children living in Australia and the applicant is younger than 65 years of age or not old enough to receive the Australian age pension. The applicant must be sponsored by a family member and there must be Assurance of Support in place. Contact us today if you are considering this visa type and we will guide you about the relevant law and supporting documents to meet this visa application.

Aged parent visa is very similar with parent visa except the applicant is old enough to be granted an Australian Age Pension. From 1 July 2017, the qualifying age is 65 years and six months for both men and women. The qualify age will increase by six months every two years, to 67 by 1 July 2023. This does not mean that you will automatically receive the age pension, as you must have been a permanent resident for ten years to be eligible for the age pension in Australia. Contact us to discuss the options available to bypass this long waiting period through application for a Contributory Aged Parent Visa.

Contributory Aged Parent Visa is an option to parents who wish to bypass the long waiting processing time imposed on conventional aged parent visa. The processing time of this visa type is approximately 12 to 18 months and there are significantly more places available under this visa category. The higher visa application fee is a contribution towards their ongoing health costs due to their age.

The balance of family rule still applies and assurance of support bond by the main applicant and secondary applicant is payable during processing of the permanent visa. Get our professional migration advice today. Contact us and let us help you be reunited with your children in Australia.


Contributory parent visa is a further option to parents who wants to join their children in Australia without having to go through the long waiting period. The processing time of this visa category is about 12 to 18 months. Parents must meet the balance of family requirement and the visa requires a 10-year Assurance of Support bond for the applicants which is payable during the processing of the permanent visa. Contact us today and we will help you to realize your dream to live with your children in Australia.


Child visa is applicable to dependent child who is less than 18 or a dependent above 25 who is incapacitated for work because of mental of physical disability or an adopted child or step-child of a sponsor. As children usually come to Australia with their parents, there is a need to establish the genuineness of the relationship to the Department during the visa application.

The law about proving the reasons why the child did not come with the sponsor; how the child was supported while apart from the sponsor; whether the child is part of the family and how the child has kept in contact with the sponsor is a complex process. Contact us to professional advice and let us help you in providing the relevant supporting evidence to sponsor your child to Australia.