Graduate visa (Temporary) – (Subclass 485)
If you are studying in Australia and decided that you’d like to live in Australia and work then the Temporary Graduate Visa subclass 485 is a temporary work visa which will provide for you to stay and work in Australia upon completion of your course.
The Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa is the work visa for International students who have completed 2 years of study in Australia. We will explain how this Visa may be granted for between 18 months and 4 years depending on your situation.
Our experienced, expert and friendly team will help you understand how this visa may provide a good way to extend your stay in Australia and also improve your chances of becoming eligible for a Provisional Skilled visa and a pathway to Permanent Residency Visas.
Goodman Migration can assist you in engaging on an appropriate Professional Year for certain candidates which may offer an excellent way to gain work experience and further relevant skills for the Australian Labour Market. We can also discuss how to best apply for future job opportunities and help find work
There are two eligibility streams for the Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa which may be available and through which we can guide you:
- Post Study Work Stream:
This eligibility stream is most commonly referred to as the Post Study Work Visa (PSWV). This stream is only for students who received their first student visa on, or after, November 5, 2011.
2. The Graduate Work Stream:
Goodman Migration can help and show you how you must provide evidence that your nominated occupation is on the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and help you demonstrate and provide evidence that you have applied for a skills assessment for your nominated skilled occupation by a relevant assessing authority (ie. Engineers Australia or AHPRA for medical qualifications), or that that you have had a positive skills assessment as suitable for your nominated skilled occupation already and:
- Prove your degree(s), diploma(s), or trade qualification(s) used to meet the Australian study requirement is closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.
- meet the 2-year Australian study requirement by proving you studied in the past 6 months in a CRICOS-registered course. The program has to be taught in English.
Goodman Migration will show you how you may be be eligible for this visa and guide you through the number of criteria which are common to both the PSWV (Post Study Work) Stream and the Graduate Work Streams. We ensure you know that you must be in Australia when we lodge your application.
We will mentor you and help you to prepare evidence with checklists showing you meet the requirements for this visa which include:
- Holding or have held an eligible student visa in the last 6 months
- Being under 45 years of age when your application is lodged
- Have a score of at least IELTS 6 in all components.
- Have nominated an occupation worth 50 or 60 points on the current Skilled Occupations List that is closely related to your skills and qualifications
- satisfying the Australian study requirement with a CRICOS-registered course the last 6 months
- You have APPLIED to have your skills assessed for your nominated occupation
- You meet health and character requirements.
- Hold complying health insurance in Australia
The Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa is not points-tested.
Including Family Members
We can help you to include the following types of family members in your application or if you already hold a 485 visa assist you to apply for family members to join you in Australia on your Subclass 485 visa.
- Spouses, de- facto partners and same-sex partners.
- Dependent children.