We will show and explain to you the many types of Australian Visa and Australian Immigration pathways which are available. Australian Government Policy values equality and does not discriminate on the basis of culture, gender and race.
The requirement criteria in selecting the best visa type consists of basic factors such as character, financial resources, skills, English language, age, health, business capability and network and family relations.
The Australian Government Migration Program organises potential migrants and visitors by two basic groups. These are family and Skilled/Business. Other types of visa are possible to be applied for study, medical treatment, visit/holiday or work in Australia.


An Australian Travel visa is required to visit Australia for a holiday, to see family and friends or to conduct a short business trip.

There are a number of different travel visas types, depending on the purpose and duration of a visit.

Travellers from designated ETA eligible countries can obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Alternatively, travellers from non-ETA countries or tourists already in Australia wishing to extend their stay here are able to submit an application for a Visitor Visa.

The Goodman Migration Visa Application Service we provide to enquiries will give you all of the information required to assist with the visa application process.

ETA Tourist Visa
Travellers from ETA-eligible countries can obtain an Electronic Travel Authority online. An ETA visa allows tourists to travel to Australia for up to three months.

Goodman Migration Services can guide and advise you in obtaining this visa.

This visa lets you visit Australia:

  • to visit or for business visitor purposes
  • for up to three, six or 12 months.

You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:

  • as a visitor
  • for business visitor activities
  • to visit family
  • on a tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.

If you are in Australia you can apply for the Tourist stream of the Visitor visa online provided you currently have a valid visa that does not have condition 8503 imposed.

If you are outside Australia only certain passport holders can apply for this visa online.

If you hold a passport from the People’s Republic of China and are applying from within China you might be able to apply for the Visitor Visa (subclass 600) Frequent Traveller stream visa.

​​​​​A Resident Return visa is a travel facility for:

  • current Australian permanent residents
  • some former Australian permanent residents
  • some former Australian citizens.

You will need a Resident Return visa if the travel facility on your current visa has expired (your first granted permanent visa has a 5 year travel facility) or is about to expire and you want to travel overseas and retain your permanent resident status.

Departing Australia without a RRV may impact your permanent residency requirements for citizenship.

You must be:

  • an Australian permanent resident
  • a former permanent resident whose last permanent visa was not cancelled
  • a former Australian citizen who lost or renounced your citizenship.

​This is a permanent visa that has a travel facility of up to 5 years.


We will guide you as to what a certain Bridging visa is for and lets you do.

Ordinarily they ‘bridge’ the gap between your previous visa and a visa you are applying for by keeping you legally in Australia.

Some bridging visas, however, can serve a different purpose such as by allowing you to stay lawfully while waiting for your appeal at Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).
Bridging visas are only granted and valid while you are in Australia. Once you decide to travel overseas Australia they will cease once you leave the country. The only exception to this rule is BVB that has a travel facility attached allowing you to travel overseas and come back.
Eligible family members who were applying for a substantive visa together with a primary visa holder will be granted the same bridging visa as the primary applicant.

This is the most common bridging visa, most of the time sitting ‘silently’ at the back of your substantive visa application. Together with BVB also stands out as the most favourable type of bridging visa.
Goodman Migration advise you on how to apply and what is means once granted:  

When you want to travel overseas and return to Australia the BVB shares majority of characteristics with BVA but BVB is the only bridging visa that allows you travel overseas and return.
Goodman Migration will guide you in typical scenarios that may provide a BVB
and will advise you on how to apply if you need to travel and what it means once granted.

This is a bridging visa that highlights problems in your visa situation in that you currently have no visa and we will advise you on how to avoid it.
We will advise you how long this visa is valid for and when it is granted depending on your situation. The BVC is usually granted automatically or you can also apply on a special form.

We will advise you how the BVD is a only short term bridging visa (valid for 5 days) granted to people with no valid substantive visa (or someone whose substantive visa is about to expire in 3 working days).
Will will guide you on situations where you may be apply to make a valid application within 5 working days and the strict limits on VD’s that can be granted

We will explain if the BVD is a step towards bridging visa E (BVE) in order to keep you legally in Australia.

Apart from BVA, this bridging visa is the second most popular visa. One of the reasons why it Goodman Migration is a visa we can advise you if it may be granted for certain situations for example when:
you have overstayed your visa and are voluntarily making arrangements to depart Australia
you have applied, or are about to apply, for a substantive visa while having no valid visa at the moment you have no valid visa have written to the Minister seeking Ministerial intervention

We can advise if you may be granted working rights and how to prove if you are in a situation that may be deemed there is a compelling need to work due to ‘financial hardship’.

Goodman Migration can methodically work through with you the requirements for this visa and advise if you meet the basic criteria to apply for a Retirement visa to Australia.

We will need to ensure that the information you provide is as accurate as possible

You will be required to be  over 55 years of age and have no dependents other than a spouse.

All applicants must be self-supporting and be willing to demonstrate being willing able to make a significant long-term financial investment in Australia.

We can explain to you how the investment amount will be different depending on where you wish to settle and where reduced investment’s are available for regional area’s of Australia.

We will advise you how sponsorship from a participating State or Territory Government will be required to make the designated investment in that sponsoring State or Territory.

There are strict requirement that must be satisfied for health and character requirements and Goodman Migration will provide you with a checklist for the documents required.

This visa allows you to:

  • take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise
  • participate in a professional development training programme in Australia.

This visa is not appropriate for persons whose sole intention is to work.

You must:

  • be nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
  • be invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
  • usually be at least 18 years of age

Length of stay: Up to 2 years

Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602)

We will show you how you may be eligible to apply and be granted a visa  to undergo, or accompany someone who is undergoing, medical treatment or medical consultations in Australia.

We will show you how to demonstrate the medical consultation or medical treatment plan is in place in Australia and the criteria and requirements relating to the consult or treatment.

You may want to know if your  medical condition is one that may be deemed to  be a threat to public health and issues in meeting the criteria for therefore.

We explain how long to apply for the visa  for inline with  the treatment plan or consultations and how long you may be able to stay in Australia.

We explain how you may be eligible or your carer may be eligible for study and if there are restrictions or mandatory requirements.

We may assist you in demonstrating the criteria to be granted this visa is met by you and how to provide the evidence which will meet the requirements of the Department of Australian Immigration for Financial means, Medical, Health and Character.

We can advise if the current visa you hold is an exempt  visa for applying for the Medical Treatment Visa