Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visas (RSMS) (Subclass 187)
Goodman Migration can show you how the Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visas may be applied for to obtain permanent residence
The RSMS (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme) allows for an eligible employer operating a business in Regional Australia to sponsor eligible candidates to fill a specifically defined and nominated position within their company or organisation.
You must be properly qualified to fill the position and the nominated position must first be approved by the Department of Immigration before the visa may be granted.
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa is aimed at skilled workers who are located outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who currently live and work in Australia.
We can explain and help you to apply under the scheme scheme which may allow an eligible employer to sponsor you to work in a position located in the areas classified as Regional Australia.
PLEASE NOTE: These visas are specifically not available for positions located in the areas of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, The Gold Coast, Wollongong and Newcastle.
To qualify for the (RGMS) Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme: You must live in the areas currently designated Regional Australia, which Goodman Migration will advise you.
Streams under which you may apply:
There are Three streams available for applicants to apply for this visa:
- Temporary Residence Transition stream – is for Temporary Work (subclass 457) visa holders who have worked in their nominated occupation for two years or more with an employer who now will offer them a permanent role.
- Direct Entry stream – is for: a) applicants who have been nominated by the employer b) applicants who have not worked in Australia, c) who have only worked in Australia for a short period of time, or d) temporary residents who do not meet the criteria of the Temporary Residence Transition stream
- Agreement stream – for applicants who are sponsored by an employer under a labour agreement.
PLEASE NOTE: Requirements for subclass 187 visas have changed from 1 July 2017 with further changes expected from March 2018. If you have any concerns about the changes please contact us to discuss your situation and circumstances.
The most popular stream for the Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme is the Direct Entry Stream which allows employers to nominate workers directly for permanent residence even if they do not hold any other visa first, and without negotiating a labour agreement.
Goodman Migration can explain to you the steps which must be taken and work with you and your employer one to one through the direct entry stream process:
1. We can help prospective employer’s compile, prepare and lodge an application with the Relevant Regional Certifying Body to qualify and quantify that there is a shortage of people to fill the position in that region and have the position certified.
2. We guide the prospective sponsoring employer in lodging a nomination application which specifies the position has been certified and the person they are nominating.
3. We then work with the employee to prepare and lodge their visa application.
NB. The Relevant Certifying Body application, Employer nomination and the Visa application is able to be lodged on the same day, however it will require the approvals in the specific order above.
There is no requirement for the business to meet training benchmarks to nominate someone for the subclass 187. (Unlike the subclass 186) requirements. Goodman Migration can work closely with employers guiding them through the process to successfully nominate a candidate under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme direct entry stream, we will explain and help you with the nomination to meet the mandatory criterion, which includes:
· Evidence to show that the nominating business is currently active and lawful to operate in Australia
· Demonstrating and confirming why the nominated position is a full-time position available for at least two years with the possibility of extending beyond two years
· Satisfying the Department of Immigration the nominee will not be subject to worse employment conditions or terms than those currently working as an employee of the Australian sponsor’s organisation.
· Proving the nomination is for an occupation contained in the correct ANZSCO skill levels.
Subclass 187 (Direct entry stream) guidelines
Our team will guide you through the major criteria for applying for a subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa such as:
· Achieving the required standard in English Language capability
· Being within the specified age range and the possible exceptions that may apply for applicants who are over 45.
· The required standard Health and Character criteria.
· Proof of the required qualifications for your nominated occupation according to ANZSCO.
· For some Trade/Craft occupations, where a skills assessment is required where the candidate did not receive their qualification in Australia. Where the qualifications for those occupations where achieved in Australia then a skills assessment is not necessary.
Goodman Migration Services will keep you in safe hands and assist you to work out the important correct nominated occupation, ( this cannot be changed once nominated) we will advise you on achieving the satisfactory level of English and the appropriate test’s which may suit you.