A Resident Return visa is a travel facility for:
- current Australian permanent residents
- some former Australian permanent residents
- some former Australian citizens.
You will need a Resident Return visa if the travel facility on your current visa has expired (your first granted permanent visa has a 5 year travel facility) or is about to expire and you want to travel overseas and retain your permanent resident status.
Departing Australia without a RRV may impact your permanent residency requirements for citizenship.
You must be:
- an Australian permanent resident
- a former permanent resident whose last permanent visa was not cancelled
- a former Australian citizen who lost or renounced your citizenship.
This is a permanent visa that has a travel facility of up to 5 years.