Graduate visa (subclass 485) (Temporary)
This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution and wish to continue gaining Australian work experience by working full time.
You may also engage on a Professional Year Programme to equip you further in your profession and enhance future employment opportunities.
The Subclass 485 Graduate visa may be granted for a period of between 18 months to 4 years depending on your circumstances and the stream under which you are eligible to apply.
Students are only able to access the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) once as a primary applicant.
The Graduate visa has two streams:
- Graduate Work stream
- Post-Study Work stream
Goodman Migration Services can assess you situation and current migration status to guide you in deciding if you can apply for this visa. We will explain how your current study affects whether you can apply.
We will explain and guide you in obtaining the required Provisional Skills Assessment and from which relevant professional assessment authority. We help you compile the evidence and present to achieve a successful outcome.
If you are applying as the main applicant, you and anybody else covered by the application must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when your visa is decided.
We will explain how you must:
- be under 50 years of age
- which eligible visa you must hold
- have a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course
- meet additional requirements of the relevant stream and explain which one is most appropriate for you
The qualification must either:
- relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (Graduate Work stream)
- be a higher education degree (Post-Study Work stream)
We will mentor you through meeting the requirements for this visa which include:
- you must have included in your application evidence that you have met the English language requirement
- you must meet the Australian study requirement in the last six months
- you must meet health and character requirements.
- you must have health insurance in Australia
- you must meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.