Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist )

visa (subclass 400)

This visa may be the most apporpriate visa if you or an employer wishes you to travel to Australia to:

  • do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
  • in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work deemed to be relating to Australia’s national interests.

The Subclass 400 generally provides for you to stay for a period of up to three months but may be granted for up to six months in limited circumstances where a strong business case is made.


You must:

  • be invited, or supported, by the organisation you will be working for
  • have specialist skills, knowledge or experience that is needed but cannot be found in Australia