Temporary work visa (Subclass 457)

We show you how when a Business operating in Australia cannot source skilled labour locally may be able to sponsor employees from overseas to help them fill essential and urgent roles in their business.

We show you how to qualify for this visa if you have been sponsored by an employer in Australia (conditions apply) and have the relevant skills to fulfill a skilled role in the approved business

As a business you will be guided in sponsoring employees from abroad and how to be approved by the Department of Immigration & Border Protection which is first required in order to so.

We will show you how to demonstrate the right way that will be viewed by the Department as adequate effort to hire local workers made by the business before resorting to a worker on a 457 visa.

We explain how you may be granted this visa which enables you and members of you family unit to work, study and live in Australia for the validity of the visa.
We will show you what you must to and how to apply for this work visa so you can work in Australia for a period of up to four years.

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE  – The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457 visa) will be abolished and replaced with the completely new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa in March 2018.

The TSS visa programme will be comprised of a Short-Term stream of up to two years and a Medium-Term stream of up to four years and will support businesses in addressing genuine skill shortages in their workforce and will contain a number of safeguards which prioritise Australian workers.Australian workers.

Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist )

visa (subclass 400)

This visa may be the most apporpriate visa if you or an employer wishes you to travel to Australia to:

  • do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
  • in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work deemed to be relating to Australia’s national interests.

The Subclass 400 generally provides for you to stay for a period of up to three months but may be granted for up to six months in limited circumstances where a strong business case is made.


You must:

  • be invited, or supported, by the organisation you will be working for
  • have specialist skills, knowledge or experience that is needed but cannot be found in Australia